Sunday, July 25, 2010
Tofte Ranch

Larry: Headed back to the high country this week. We have a handy - dandy bear alarm from Alaska. I intend to crawl a lot of the creek and detect the high banks. Take it easy and listen for nudges. We got a big shot in the arm as my back disability payments from the VA for hearing loss finally came through. It takes a little of the pressure off about having to find gold. I want to enjoy the camping experience, sit and read, be present. It surely feels great to have some money in the bank. It gives me a sense of peace about finding gold or not. I've spent a good week here on the farm. The gardens are virtually weed-free and growing dramatically. It soothes my spirit to grow things and I love the ascetics of orderly rows free of weeds. Today is for packing up and driving up to the high country after a leisurely morning.

Charlotte: A morning with clouds but they are going away pretty fast. It is supposed to be 94 in Colfax today. A week of camping in the Sierras - easy - be still and listen - we will have some still time this week. Gold prospecting - hobby or vocation? We are making no predictions about the gold this week. We have certainly found lots of gold in this creek years ago.... but maybe it has really been worked in the meantime? I'd like to go work in our old diggins. I am ready to hit the road. Let's get packed up and go.