Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tofte Ranch

Larry: The ole body creaks and groans in the morning. This farm work is good for developing new muscles. Now we must adapt a winter fitness plan to stay in shape. I'm just now beginning to get into the flow of choosing each day's activities. My energy level is improving as well as my stamina. I suppose at 70, I'll have to work a little longer to recoup my strength? My problem is that mentally, I don't feel that old. As a result, I don't have as much patience with myself as I should. Perhaps, I expect too much from my body?


Charlotte: Clear and cool. Larry worked on fencing almost all day yesterday. I weeded the onions. We are alone on the porch with our coffee and bird sounds. Another long night for me. We are very grateful to have our own room out in the new addition. It was warm even with the fan but also I think I am sore and every time I move, it hurts. We are spending more time on the ranch than we intended but the fence was one of the big projects for  this summer. Larry said he was doing great when I went out to check on him but it seems mighty hot to be digging post holes and mixing cement. He ran out of paint yesterday so he says he'll take it easier today once he finishes his fence project.